The Center for Family Research is an organizational unit of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (Poland), established on May, 1st 2017.
We concentrate on broadly-understood family matters, especially families defined in a classic sense. The main activities of The Center for Family Research are conducting research and providing consulting and specialized activities. We also make efforts concerning the implementation and evaluation of projects and educational activities in the field of family relationships, pro-family policy and family support. Our target is also to take actions in the interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral perspective, as well as professional academic diagnosis, developing theories concerning social policy, social work and social pedagogy. It is a starting point in formulation and popularization of postulates, as well as solutions, which are necessary to implement social innovation and improvement of the existing security system, as well as family support.
- Integration of services for dysfunctional families – theoretical and practical contexts.
- Protection system of child and family – exploratory data analysis and comparative studies.
- Situation of families in Poland and in Europe (constant studies).
- Disintegration of family structures and their economic and social consequences.
- Family reintegration process in the context of children return from foster care to their biological families.
- Diagnosis and evaluation of studies in field of social services.
- Innovative methods of work with families in crisis (Behavioral Induction Method, Family Group Conference, Relational Method, etc.)
- Conditioning of disintegration and perspectives of reinforcing marriages in crisis.
- Quality of life in families and children in foster care.
- Transgression into large families – how families experience the birth of the third and next child.
- Family-centered theory and practice.